~a glimpse of life...a bit of this...a bit of that~

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy Birthday, Sophia!

My Sweet Sophia is now a 6 year old!  It is a wonderful blessing to be her Mommy...I am amazed as I watch her grow!
Sweet Sophia, April 2011~
 I've been teasing her for weeks that Steve and I had decided we just wanted her to stay 5, so we weren't going to let her turn 6.  For a while, I think she actually thought maybe we had that kind of power...it was funny :)  She also decided that if she ate well and healthy, she would keep growing, and we would not be able to keep her from turning 6...smart kid!
Sophia's creation at the Please Touch Museum in Philly, April 2011~

Love that smile!
So, here are some thoughts on her birthday. 


I am delighted with the heart that I see God growing in you, Sophia.  You have a tender spirit that desires to serve.  It, at times, seems almost natural for you to think of others first.  You are often wanting to bless someone and thinking about ways to help.  I can take no, absolutely no, credit for this beautiful servant's heart..you definitely don't come by it from me.  So I thank the Lord and He so often uses you to teach me.  Sometimes I imagine what His plans for your future are...I believe He is growing your heart for specific ways to serve His Kingdom.  
Sweet smile...such a treasure!
Sophia, you are a treasure and a joy!  We are blessed by you every day...every hour...every moment.  I love your cheery spirit and bright and hopeful outlook on life.  I love your smile and your talkative nature.  I love how you desire to learn.  I love how you desire to be a helper...in our home and to others.  


One of my favorite things, Sophia, is to hear you pray.  Your prayers inspire me.  It's hard to explain, but the words that God gives you are often beyond your years.  Once again, God uses you to teach me.


I pray you have a blessed birthday, my sweet girl.  We love you!

Love, Mommy~

No comments:

Post a Comment