~a glimpse of life...a bit of this...a bit of that~

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another Favorite Thing~

I decided to continue my Favorite Things category...simply because I want to record what our home is/was like...it's part of our lives, after all.

I think my "style" is Spanish/Southwest/Eclectic...that's a style, right?  I fell in love with the Spanish/Mexican/Southwest part when Steve took me out west.  Truth be told, it's one of the reasons I married him...I could really get away with some of that beautiful, warm, wonderful Southwest/Mexican/Spanish decorating if I became a Gonzales ;) 

Anyhoo, I enjoy art...and I love to have art in my home.


I think original art is especially wonderful...so, today I am sharing an original, one-of-a-kind piece of art I received from a friend back in college...and it fits in perfectly with my so-called style.   

Wire horse~
Isn't it wonderful!  I LOVE this sculpture!  It has always been displayed in my home...even though I lost touch with its creator for many years.  Well, along comes Facebook, and I've been able to reconnect with many friends...including the artist behind this creation.  

My college friend, Eric Vess, made this horse for me out of coat hangers and tire wire.  And I think it only took him an afternoon or so.  He gave it to me back in 1992...maybe '91...so it's about 20 years old.  

Eric went on to join the Navy and became a Navy SEAL.  He's married to his college sweetheart and they have 3 really cute kids.  Now he owns a gym in Asheville, NC called Gym Me.  I don't think I could hang with his workouts, but everyone who goes there seems to like his training style...and they get results...but I guess you should expect results when your instructor is a SEAL :)  Eric did tell me that most of his art nowadays is reserved for helping his kids with their art projects and some logo designing too.  Anyone need a logo...contact Eric.  

Well, Eric, it's been a long while since our Sigma Nu days back at Western Carolina, but this sculpture has always been a special piece of my art collection.  Thank you so much...I adore it...it's one of my Favorite Things~

Have a great day, friends...enjoy some art!

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment