~a glimpse of life...a bit of this...a bit of that~

Monday, January 10, 2011

It's My Bag, Baby!

If you're reading this, then you probably know me.  If you know me, then you are well aware that keeping up with the latest fashion or trend is something I'm just not very good at.  But just because it's not a top priority doesn't mean I don't enjoy something new or special every now and then.  

And then there's the budget.  With Steve in school and me at home with our kiddos, there's just not really extra money for things that are not necessary.  And new purses are not necessary.  God has really taught us a lot through our financial-grad-school situation.  We've had to learn to do without and deny our desires for many things, many times during these grad school years...lessons we want to remember and hold onto when we're done with this part of our lives.  God has changed our outlook on money for sure...maybe I'll write about that one day.

Anyway, back to my new bag, baby :)  Until recently, the last new purse I had was one purchased in Colorado...yep, way back in 2006, for my birthday I think.  I wanted one for Christmas, but it didn't have to be under the tree.  Steve and I decided we'd wait til after Christmas and see what I could find...obviously, I was hoping for a good sale...more purse for my buck, you might say.  Sometimes I tease Steve that he should be extra thankful that I'm such a cheapskate...I mean, that I'm so financially savvy:)  

Well, ladies and gentlemen...well, okay, probably just ladies...here's my new bag!  She is a dark brown, genuine leather beauty (that I found at Belk's, a pretty nice department store down South) and I got her for the rip roaring bargain of $9.99 two days after Christmas; just a bit over $10 after tax!  I don't know which I like better; my purse or the price :)

Here's to being frugal...have a blessed day~
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment