~a glimpse of life...a bit of this...a bit of that~

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Wonder...


...who you are, yet I am already so in love with you!

Are you a boy or a girl? Is your hair light or dark? What color are your eyes? Will you be quiet like Bella or talkative like Sophia? Will you be right or left handed? Were you really sucking your thumb like the ultrasound tech thought?


The best news is that you look healthy...we praise God! Your spine looks good, you wiggled your hands and feet a lot while getting your pictures taken, your fluid levels are good, your bladder and heart look good, and your brain is right where it's supposed to be. Plus, you have a mighty cute profile :)

I am excited that soon we will find out your gender. Our ultrasound tech is pretty sure she knows, so we had her write it down and seal it in an envelope. Your Daddy's birthday is coming up, so we borrowed a fun idea from another couple at church. We took the sealed envelope to a baker and he is baking your Daddy a special birthday cake. The outside will be white, but inside, the frosting will be colored blue or pink depending on what the tech wrote down. We will cut that cake in a few days and we'll know at least a little bit more about you. Some of our friends are coming over to celebrate Daddy's birthday with us, but in all honesty, I think they are really coming for you :)

Here's what I want you to know. If you're a boy, we will be thrilled...if you're a girl, we will be thrilled! Either way, we will be so happy and excited...because we have you! You have long been wanted and prayed for. God knows you already and He knows that you are the one who perfectly fits into our family.



"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."   
                                                                                        Psalm 139: 13-14

God bless you, little critter~

Love, Mommy

1 comment: