~a glimpse of life...a bit of this...a bit of that~

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Favorite Things...my shelves~

I've done a couple of posts about some of my Favorite Things around our home.  One of my favorite things are my books and another is this sculptureWith our home up for sale, I thought I'd better get around to noting some more of my favorite things...even though they will be moving with us and will be part of our new home in Texas, I still want to remember what our home was like here in PA.

These are some of my shelves...they live happily in the family room :) 


Okay, are shelves really that interesting?  Well, these ones are...at least to me.  The brackets are simply from a hardware store or the local Home Depot...not necessarily special.  The wood that make the shelves, though, is pretty cool...they are old shutters that I found at an architectural salvage store on Pearl Street in Boulder, CO.  


I have a thing for reclaiming cool, old things and using them in home decor.  I love these shelves, I mean, shutters.  I love the color they are painted and I love where the paint is chipped so you can see the other layers and colors and sometimes they are chipped down to the wood.  Some of them still have the old hinges attached...that makes me love them even more.  


After they were hung, I just added other favorite things for display...happy decorating~

Rach 

No comments:

Post a Comment